Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Angels Beside Us

This day brings sadness to my soul and that of my best friends. No matter how much you try to keep pain and heartbreak from those you love, sometimes it is out of our hands and we must suffer through together.

No words can ease the pain, time does not heal all wounds, but if we sit and reflect on those we have loved and lost and remember them at their happiest moments....let those moments carry you through the pain with a smile on your face.

I was told once, even though we have lost our loved ones here are earth, may we feel blessed to have had an angel walk with us by our sides.

Here is a poem I edited a long time ago when my mother passed away too early:


When God calls his children
into dwell with Him above.
We mortals sometimes question
the wisdom of His love.
for no heartache compares
with the death of a mother,
who does so much to make our world
seem wonderful and milder.
God knows how much we need them
and so He takes but few,
to make the land of Heaven
more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult
still somehow we must try.
The saddest word mankind knows
will always be "Goodbye".
So when a mother departs
we who are left behind,
must realize Angels
are hard to find.


And this one I found:

Please don't sing sad songs for me,
Forget your grief and fear,
For I am in a perfect place
Away from pain and tears...
It's far away from hunger
And hurt and want and pride,
I have a place in Heaven
With the Master at my side.
My life on earth was very good,
As earthly life can go,
But Paradise is so much more
Than anyone can know...
My heart is filled with happiness
And sweet rejoicing, too.
To walk with God is perfect peace,
A joy forever new.

With a heavy heart I pray, may the pain, hurt and emptiness be swept from your soul. Your friends are here for you.

Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment