Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Heebie Jeebies

I'm finding that my trust in the daycare establishments or the at home care facilities is very very low. Just researching them online makes my insides churn. I'll be visiting them soon, meeting with the facilities owners and some folks I've met through church, this is inevitable.

I know deep down everything will be ok and that other kids go to daycare from 6 weeks old on through Pre-k and they are there full time M-F 7am to close. UGH NO WAY could I do this. I would have to find a nanny here at the house or a really good friend that I trust more than a packed day care facility. I don't know. All this is just so damn scary!

We are very lucky that I will need only part time care as of now and we have Nana and Papa who are so wonderful to let us bring her over on those random work days I get right now. Thank the lord Jeff has wonderful parents that are involved in Madison's world. I don't know what I have done some of those days when she was much younger and I REALLY wasn't going to put my child in someone's hands (except close family and Jeff's of course).

Tears fill my eyes as I type and think about how uncomfortable it all makes me but this is only one major step I must overcome as a new mom to create fulfillment in her life as well as that of the entire family.

Baby steps, trust my gut (its always right), and put it in gods hands that she will be loved and safe....knowing it will all be ok if I follow these guidelines, I still get the Heebie Jeebies thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment