Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cribside Blog

I'm currently sitting cribside in the glider...minus a baby in my arms...cause she (drumroll please) is asleep in her crib!!!

I didn't actually think it would happen, but here I am watching my baby girl sleeping so peacefully in her crib.

It wasn't magic, but patience and patting.

She was doing her usual sleep signs and so upstairs we went. I fed her and when she was ALMOST asleep I put her in her crib. An like always..BAM! eyes open, huge smile! This is a norm for me when attempting to put her in her crib. So I decided to ride it out. She played and talked and sucked on her hands for 1.5 hours. I was about to give up and I noticed her "heavy eyes". So I inserted pacifier, held her punching arm and patted her bottom and away she went. This lasted 10 minutes, she self-soothed and went back to sleep only to wake up within minutes due to her startle reflex...so I swaddled, inserted pacifier and patted. She's OUT!

I'll be staying right here in the glider watching her sleep or gliding myself to sleep...whichever. I'm so thrilled right now I had to blog immediately from my phone so please disregard typos and run on sentences! This is a insta-blog from one HAPPY MOMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment