Monday, December 20, 2010

Weights

At less than a quarter of a mile today my knee said..."NO WAY!" to 3 miles so I decided to see my 1 mile time..even though I had basically jogged my first lap at a speed of 5.3 I decided to see what kind of time I could get out of the next 3 laps. 1 mile completed in 10:15. I was hoping for 10 but what did make me happy was I finished at a speed of 7.6 without completely gasping for breath at the end and my heart rate was not through the roof! That made me happy.

I decided to add some weights to my workout. I've always struggled with weights in that I tend to lift heavy and try for heavier and heavier. This is something I CAN NOT do right now. I need to lift lighter and slim this "baby body" down before putting the muscle back on. So today was a upper body re-introduction with some simple exercises..one per muscle group. Then I did some abs and away I went.

My body felt my previous run, again not something I would call sore but I definitely felt it. As to be expected.

All in all, its feeling good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment