Saturday, December 18, 2010

Forward Progress

Day 3 update

My goal today was to make it 2.5 miles in somewhat of a decent time. GOAL CRUSHED! I did 3 miles today in 33 minutes. Happy with the distance the time needs work, but I'm only on run 3 since starting.

I improved my speed on my first two miles and after a short walk and some water completed my last mile. Mentally this is all still a huge challenge and humiliating but I'm coming along. When my first two miles felt decent I decided to make it 3, at 2.5 my knee starting popping but I wasn't ready to stop so after a 1/4 of a mile the popping stopped and I was able to finish 3 miles.

Speed update: I was jogging regularly on the treadmill at a speed of 6.3 - 6.8 finishing at 7.2 - 7.8. Today I ran 5.3-5.8 and finished at 6.3 then sprinted the end at 6.8.

All I can say is I'm making forward progress and that made me feel good after the gym today...I needed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment