Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Back to the Races

I'm back to the gym. After not being able to get my heart rate up at all due to Madison's lil heart in utero and not having a pump to get milk for the hubby while I went to the gym it has now been 6 months since I worked out or went on a run. Its been hard but I'm back to the Races! I plan to document on this blog my return to the run and hopefully returning to my next half or full marathon by spring. Knee surgery didn't stop me, pregnancy won't either.

The first day was HUMILIATING!! Mentally I'm still the fit runner I've always been but time away tells a different story. It was a painful realization that I am starting at a new bottom! I've never been this out of shape EVER!!

I completed my 1 mile goal in 11:45..UGH! Then I did 100 or so ab exercises and away I went. Resulted in my entire body feeling it the next day but I wouldn't say I was sore..just more of a wake up call.

My weight is currently 7 lbs less than when I found out I was pregnant last december but you would never guess it looking at my body! It also tells a different story. I have no goal of weight loss just to tone up and see what happens. But I currently weigh in at 143-ish. I would HATE to know my bodyfat percentage..something else humiliating I will probably admit on this blog later. Do you realize that I once weighed 136 with a body fat percentage of 7..NOT A TYPO..7% bodyfat..I rocked it too! I may never see 7% again, nor do I want to...but I MUST get it down from where it is now!

Workout number two (still concentrating solely on running and some core exercises)
2 miles 24 minutes..UGH UGH UGH! Then a couple hundred ab exercises. I have doubled what I did only 2 days ago, but saying it that way is just making me feel better! Still didn't accomplish much mentally.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment