Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Across the Miles

Madison has now traveled almost 5,000 miles at the ripe old age of 3 months. She and I flew to Nashville, TN then drove down to Milton, FL and did it all in reverse a week later.

Her first flight was picture perfect, not a whimper. A guy sitting behind us even stated at the end of the flight, "I'll fly next to that baby any day!". Proud mommy! :)

We then went to visit Auntie Jennifer, Ann and then to Chris and Mandy's house where they so graciously (last minute) let us stay before our long road trip.

Road Trip: So I was very nervous about the road trip, Madison doesn't sleep long in her carseat and she doesn't like being in it. She likes to kick and play, lie flat on her back and be held..you can do none of these in a car seat. Another proud mommy! She did great..4 stops and we made it in 8 hours. I did spend the entire time with my hand helping keep her pacifier in her mouth but thats OK.

She is a very lucky lil girl and got to meet her Great Grandma..not many get to have that luxury. We visited her grandma's grave, hung out with lil Chloe (my dads dog), visited a friend and went and got pictures made with Great Granny. Upon arrival I heard from Granny...Did you feed that baby?, you need to feed that baby, I bet that baby is hungry, AND Is that baby wet?, do you need to change that baby, I bet that baby needs to be changed..OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. But the morning i left I got the best compliment out of my toughest and most honest critic ever.."You are a really great mother." That put a TON of pep in my step and makes me smile as I type it! It also made up for her "So when do you get to start working on your midsection again?" comment. :) LOVE HER!

On the return drive we made 7 stops and made it in 6 hours (not sure how that happened, but it did). She met a TON of her Nashville family this time..Chera got a nice long visit and Andrea, Judy, Boogle, Katherine, Candace, DeMonty, the donelson pike Shoney's and Sarah all came out to give her good loving at lunch! :)


The return flight was a little rough in the beginning...she was sound asleep and had an explod-a-poop. yep entire outfit needed to be changed, blanket and boppy pillow were not spared either. :) After a brief (maybe 30 second) screaming session she slept the entire flight back to Cali. WHOOHOO!

As a mommy this was exhausting but she made it so easy and so wonderful! Thank heavens for an easy child with a melt your heart smile!

P.S....the planes don't give infants their flight wings...but she deserved them for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment