Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rotten Egg

As we leave our Labor and Birth Preparation class last night and are nearing the car, Jeff spontaneously says "Last one to the car is a Rotten Egg!"

So I decide to start shuffling my feet faster, so does he, so I take off on a full on pregnancy sprint (def NOT a sprint) towards the car and slam my hand (to help me stop more than anything) on it first. Whew...I'm not the rotten egg.

Neither one of us actually expected me to run and it was definitely a slow motion process from shuffle to pregnancy sprint. By the time we got to the car (which wasn't far at all...maybe 3 spaces away) we were laughing so hard!! I was laughing so hard I was crying. If only Jeff would have had a video camera with him, it was absolutely hilarious. He said it looked more like gliding than running but I sure was pumping those arms to get me there...oh what good times. Needless to say I am NOT the rotten egg. Even pregnant I'm as competitive as ever, Jeff was kind enough not rob me of my win cause he saw how hard I was trying.

We haven't laughed so hard and so completely for a very long time!!

The aftermath of my preggers sprint is not any fun... my pelvic bone is super bruised and my ligaments are super strained from the bouncing, but it was all worth it. That is a memory we will have forever!!

The last one to the car is a rotten egg game is one I'm sure we will always play, especially now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment