Monday, May 3, 2010

Soul Rejuvenation

So today I had my first real depressed moment about being pregnant. Yes, tears were there, not many, but they were there. On a daily basis (once the belly popped) I go through a mental battle to put that smile on my face. It usually only lasts a minute or two and my mind over matter strengths kick in and I kick that frown upside down. Easy breezy.

Today was not easy breezy. I was driving to Target to get Zeus some more dog food and my hubby some cold medicine when this lady, that I see all the time doing her normal run, was booking it down the sidewalk. Every light I sat at, there she went just a booking it by me while I sat idle in the car. Sitting idly knowing it'll be a long time before I can get out there and book it like her. Today it put me in a poopy mood that I just could not shake. So here come some tears, probably more because I couldn't shake it outta my head (this is something I pride myself in being able to do, mind over matter is a great strenght of mine) than the fact that I really miss the soul rejuvenation and natural high I get out of running. It takes one good run and I'm rejuvenated for days!!

Too bad none of the pregnancy books talk about a natural high or complete soul rejuvenation that you get at month or week X of your pregnancy. Instead you get a lot of OMG I hope that doesn't happen to me or really I can't do that or I can't eat that or COME ON DOC...PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE CAN I????? The answer is usually no. I hate NO.

So I'm doing other things to rejuvenate my soul and hopefully these coming days my attempts at replacing running with work, projects, trips and friends will pay off. Hopefully I won't go to poopy face again cause after that I gotta say my daily mental struggle is A-OK with me.

Soul rejuvenation I will find a way to get you, pregnant or NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment