Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tipping the Scale

So when you are told you are pregnant a ton of things go through your mind and I mean A TON! My first questions were, can I workout, can I run, how much weight will I gain all that personal stuff that for me is a big deal. I work hard at staying in shape and trying to be healthy.

I know you are supposed to gain weight and I've luckily only gained a couple pounds and am 20 weeks but my muscles are completely GONE and I have belly of course. I can no longer see my top ab muscles and my last appointment I weighed the most I've EVER weighed and I'm only half way there.

This struggle to get outside or in the gym and just kill it is ridiculous! I told Jeff before our ultrasound started and after they weighed me, I need to go to the gym NOW!! He laughed and joked about people calling and saying "where is Jamie?" and answering "well 3 days ago she went to the gym and I haven't seen her." LOL!

I'm only going to get bigger and weigh more but MAN this part is hard!! I don't handle weight gain well no matter the reason. I just keep reminding myself that I have the strength to handle the gain and I definitely have the strength to get it off and get my muscle back once the baby is here. But that is a long ways away so I keep having to have those little mental talks!

Tipping scale upwards is the hardest part of this pregnancy for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment