Friday, May 22, 2009

Insanity....yet Sane

While deciding on a new fitness avenue other than my typical 2-a-days which include running and weights or some intense cardio option. I had heard of D1 sports, this a sports specific training facility that also holds boot camp style classes for adults...aka executives. I have friends that attend D1 and always wanted a next level style of workout so I finally decided to check out D1 in cool springs/nashville. With a wedding coming up and some very important photo shoots prior to that I decided now or never, you've only got weight to lose.

For all of you crazies out there looking for the next level I suggest you check out a D1 next to you or try to find something close to it.

Here is a list of things we do almost every class (mind you the class is only 1 hour long):
Stadiums - and lots of them
Bear crawls
Suicides
LOTS of reps of weight excercises..usually 30 seconds or a minute is the time frame
crazy amounts of push-ups mixed in with suicides (my first day i did 235)
crab crawls
dips, incline pushups, squats, lunges, deadlifts, tricep kickbacks (in a one arm pushup position), curls, etc...all the standard excercises intermingled with the extra stuff
stair hops
laps
sprints
tire pushes (the tire IS the devil)...these tires weigh up to 350 pounds and you get to push them against the turf...YAY fun!

Regardless - If you are Insane yet sane like myself----I suggest you try to find something like this.

Its the best thing I've ever done. Reminds me of all those great years in high school when it was all so easy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment