Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy 36th Sissy!

It would have been your 36th birthday! HAHAHA! Oh goodness how we celebrated the number 36, something I plan to do as well. My daughter will be just as confused as I was about the age of our moms.

You are probably very upset with me for shedding tears today, but today through the next 2 weeks are and have always been pretty rough for me. I try not to remember the end, your last birthday or the day you left your giant shoe collection to me (btw my feet aren't as small as yours). :) I always try to remember your glow, your smile that lit up rooms and how you always had everyone in tears of laughter after a huge meal of course. :) But sometimes remembering makes it harder not to cry, especially holding your granddaughter. But luckily her smile lights up a room too and she constantly has us in rolls of laughter so I beleive naming her Madison Olivia was perfect.

The one question that lingers in my mind is "What would you have wanted to be called?" Grandma - definitely not, Sissy - thats for me, Gigi - thats for great grandma, so there inlies my dilemma. I have no idea what to tell Madison to call you. Maybe we can say Meme..I had a meme and its less grandma-ish, something you would definitely have preferred at the ripe old age of 36. We will have to see.

And what in the world would we have done if you were still her on earth celebrating your 36th birthday and here I come creeping up on 36. We can't both keep having 36th birthdays...one of us would have to move on. And if you were here it would be me moving on...thats just how it worked. :)

I love you Sissy! Thanks for brightening the world with your smile, thanks for showing me what it is to be a good mom, thanks for the laughter, thanks for the yummy banana pudding and thanks for being so loving to everyone around you. Your raising molded me into the person I am and I thank you for that every day.

Happy Birthday Sissy! I love you all the grains of sand in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment