Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The best two weeks

Today Madison is two weeks old!!

The past two weeks have been absolutely wonderful. She has so many amazing facial expressions that I swear i could just stare at her all day long. I'm sure many mommies feel this way but its overwhelming to me just how much I am truly in awe of her.

She is an eating machine and is gaining weight wonderfully, we have her 2 week appt tomorrow but at our last weigh on Friday she was up to 7lbs 5oz. Which is very good according to the lactation consultant. Strictly breastfeeding with no bottle these first few weeks, we will start to introduce the bottle this coming week I think, that way daddy can assist with feeding. We will take it slowly in case she doesn't transition back and forth real well.

She has been doing a good job of sleeping at night, we've had a few rough nights but not at all what I expected so I'm very thankful.

As for mommy...if it weren't for Jeff I'd never eat. I still have no appetite and I don't get hungry. I just start to feel weak and realize I haven't eaten in forever. Jeff started back to work yesterday and at 3pm I realized I needed to eat...this is odd to me, but it'll work itself out and I'll be the food loving big eater i always was! :) I'm still sore if I go all day without a pain pill so I'm currently taking a half a pill a day and that takes the edge and throbbing away. I have lost 25 lbs of the 33 I gained, but my body shape is completely different than pre-baby. I can't wait to get out more and walk more and start the gym again. In due time I will get all of these luxuries back, right now my main life goal is to feed my baby so that is what I do...all day long...the days fly by because it seems every 1-1.5 hours I'm feeding her which leaves me only about 30-45 minutes of free time to do stuff. The next thing I know its night time and we are getting ready for bed. :)

Here are some pics of her first two weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment